If you are looking for an easy way to work the calf muscles, consider this exercise. The calf is scientifically known as the gastrocnemius (upper portion). The soleus or bottom half of the calf works as a synergist during this exercise.
First, sit in the leg press seat and position your feet close together on the platform. Place the ball of your feet on the platform's edge. Disengage the weight platform from the safety rack. Your knees should be slightly bent at all times. Lower the weight platform to stretch the calves, then extend your ankles as far as you can to flex the calves. Repeat the exercise as needed. Perform in a slow and controlled manner.
Sit in leg press machine. Place heels of feet on edge of platform.
Lower platform to stretch the calves.
Extend ankle to flex the calves. Repeat the movement several times.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades